About Sam Rayburn ISD
Sam Rayburn is an independent school district of Texas in northeast Fannin County serving the educational needs of approximately five hundred and forty students from prekindergarten through high school. While located in a rural setting, the District is widely known in northeast Texas as a leader in technology, academics, and athletics. Excellence in education is made evident by the level of competition achieved by students from Sam Rayburn U.I.L. academic events. All students are served by a highly motivated faculty and administration that is dedicated to providing the highest quality of education available. The district currently has five hundred and forty four students.
The mission of Sam Rayburn ISD is to provide instruction to enable students to reach their potential. We will provide each student with the opportunity to obtain a successful and challenging learning experience in a way that:
- Encourages a desire for life-long learning
- Promotes problem solving and decision making
- Builds a good self-image develops behavior patterns which lead to responsible citizenship
- Supports relationships between home, school and the community.
- Students will become responsible and productive members of society who are life-long learners.
To provide an environment of excellence that will inspire all stakeholders to become life-long learners while building a good self-image to become responsible and productive members of society. We strive to provide an environment conducive to learning and a well-balanced curriculum delivered by a highly qualified staff responsible for learning, with an uncompromised commitment to excellence.