Skip to main content

Dual Credit

Sam Rayburn Independent School District (SRISD) students may be eligible to earn college credit while they are still in high school by enrolling in dual credit courses and successfully completing the courses. Sam Rayburn ISD and Grayson College (GC) work together to provide students with the opportunity to participate in dual credit courses.

Dual Credit students take college-level courses taught by fully credentialed Grayson College faculty. These courses satisfy high school graduation requirements and provide college credit at the same time.

Sam Rayburn ISD will award high school academic credit for approved courses. Grayson College will award college-level academic credit.

For additional information regarding dual credit, contact your high school counselor.                                                                                                         

High School Students: To be eligible for Dual Credit or Early College High School enrollment, high school students must:

  1. Start the process by visiting with your high school counselor to discuss eligibility and class schedule. Once your high school approves, follow these steps:

  2. Apply for admissions. Here's a video with instructions. 

  3. Turn in completed and signed Enrollment Packet from your School Counselor. (Packets may be picked up from Mrs. Maidens)
  4. Provide bacterial meningitis vaccination documentation (if courses will be taken on college campus).
  5. Take the TSI assessment or provide proof of exemption (View score requirements). Your high school will advise you as to your testing requirements.
  6. Students MUST check their emails for Grayson correspondence of important due dates and instructions for checking your schedule, payment options, etc.  
  7. Pay tuition before deadline! 
  8. Dual Credit Reimbursement Form

Additional information about Grayson College Dual Credit may be found at: