Sam Rayburn ISD Elections
Board members are elected for four-year terms with elections conducted biennially on the November uniform election date. The next election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Three positions are scheduled to be on the ballot (Chris Flippo, Drew Farris, and J.D. Kissinger).
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot – August 22, 2022
Order of Elections
To register to vote, please call Fannin County Elections Department at 903-583-7488. To verify your registration status or for more information, you can also visit their webage by clicking here.
Early voting and Election Day voting information (hours, days, and locations) will be updated on this page as soon as that information is made available.
Frequently Asked Questions
This article published by the Texas Association of School Boards' Legal Services division answers questions about eligibility, requirements, filings and more.
HB 305 Requirements
- Sam Rayburn ISD is located at 9363 E FM 273 Ivanhoe, TX 75447, which is also our mailing address. The contact phone number is 903-664-2255. The fax number is 903-664-2406.
- Our current elected school board members are listed here.
- The next election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
- Requirements and deadlines to file for candidacy:
- Candidates are required to apply for a place on the ballot in writing. The candidate application must be signed and notarized. Our Business Office Manager, Tracie Ivey, is a notary and can notarize it for all applicants.
- Candidate packets will not be available until the first day of filing, which will be Monday, July 25, 2022. Packets will be available in the Business Office, 9363 E FM 273 Ivanhoe, TX 75447.
- Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for public office (141.001, TEC) in order to run for office. See the FAQ section above for an article that lists all eligibility requirements.
- The deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot is 4 p.m. on Monday, August 22, 2022. Please leave time to complete the application, have the oath administered, and the form notarized.
- Applications may be delivered in the following ways: in person during regular business hours; by mail; by fax; by email to email@example.com. Applications must be received by 4 p.m. on Monday, August 22, 2022. If you send the application by fax or mail, please call SRISD Business Office Manager, Tracie Ivey, at 903-664-2255 to confirm receipt.
- Notices of school board meetings, as well as records/minutes of SRISD School Board meetings are posted here.